Senior Software Engineer
AdeptID is a Boston-based B corp building talent matching AI models focused on getting more people into better jobs, faster. Our API-first product plugs into the back-end of job boards, applicant tracking systems, and training tools to make them better at recommending talent for jobs and training. In our first three years, we’ve partnered with leading HR tech providers like UKG, Training Nonprofits like Year Up, and Employer Coalitions like OneTen. We are a fifteen-person hybrid team based in downtown Boston.
What will you do in this role?
Work closely with engineering and product leadership to define and execute against the technical strategy.
- Build infrastructure to support large-scale data and production quality machine learning models.
- Mentor and grow the engineering team.
- Develop coding and testing standards for the engineering team to follow
- Design architecture that will help our product scale with our business and move flexibly as our strategy changes.
What kind of teammate are we looking for?
- Experience in high performing software engineering environments
- Experience building infrastructure to support large-scale data and productized machine learning models
- Interest in building with AWS (ECS, RDS, API Gateway, Fargate, Lambda)
- Fluent in Python API development (Flask/Django)
- Excitement and interest in the mission of our team
- Experience mentoring and developing engineers from various backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills
- Receives and incorporates feedback smoothly
- Gives constructive feedback that inspires others to do excellent work
- Is invested in building psychological safety on our team, even while holding high standards
- Approaches problems with a growth mindset and models success and failure to junior engineers
What We Can Offer
- A hybrid work culture that balances intentional, in-person collaboration with flexibility around family schedules and ways of working
- Health, dental, vision, 401k, commuter, 4-month paid parental leave
- Company shutdown 2 weeks a year, 15 individual Paid time off (PTO) days, 5 sick days
- $150k - $190k base salary range, plus equity
Research shows women only apply to jobs if they meet 100% of the requirements, whereas men apply if they meet 60%. Clearly, that statistic isn’t inclusive; it doesn’t include the difficulties people of color, the LGBTQ+ community, and others from underrepresented communities face during the job application process. If you’re interested in us and don’t meet all of our requirements, please apply anyways! We’d love to have the opportunity to consider you.
We believe that Everyone is Adept. That means we’re dedicated to building a company that represents diversity with regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression